The morning is a powerful time. A positive morning routine helps us to set the tone for the day. This is more important as we age and do not have work or social schedules to get us up and moving. Without a morning ritual, we can lose our “purpose, ” causing depression and anxiety, resulting in illness. Having a morning routine can increase your energy, productivity, and positivity.
What if your morning was more straightforward, focused, calm, energized, and most importantly, intentional? How do you want to feel during your day? How can you set yourself up for this feeling throughout the day? Your morning ritual is yours to create, and this ritual will look different for everyone. By intentionally creating a morning routine that puts your physical and mental well-being at the forefront, you can ensure all of your mornings start off on the right foot. Here are a few things to consider for your morning routine:
1. Practice Meditation or Reflection. Take some time to sit quietly with your thoughts to feel more at peace to start your day. Research shows that just 10 minutes a day can make a significant difference.
2. Eat a Nutritious Breakfast. This will give you the energy to begin your day.
3. Take a walk outside. The fresh air and the movement will lift your spirits almost instantly. Even just a quick walk down the block will provide benefits.
4. Read something that you enjoy. Reading can improve brain function, including memory and cognitive skills.
5. Make a list of things to do for the day. Writing down what you want to accomplish can ensure you get to these things. Seeing what you want to do in writing helps you stay focused and on track.
6. Have a conversation with a friend, companion, or family member. Especially if you live alone, having that connection in the morning can set the tone for your day.
At Hope Senior Home Care, our wake-up shift is very popular. With as little as a 2-hour shift, we can create a morning routine for your loved one that will set a positive tone for the entire day. Our valuable support will ensure that your loved one is out of bed, dressed, and beginning their day with positive intentions.