Providing daily care for a loved one can take a toll on you. You may find it challenging to maintain a positive attitude. But a positive attitude will help you cope with your situation’s stress and set your day up for success.
Helen Hunter’s article on the Caregiver.com website has the following suggestions to improve your mood:
1. Learn healthy ways to manage your stress.
2. Think of Challenges to find opportunities to shine.
3. Look for the best in others and yourself.
4. Eat right and get plenty of rest.
5. Exercise for 30 minutes or more on most days of the week.
6. Focus on the Joys in life and remember to laugh.
7. Do something nice for someone.
8. Make time each day to relax.
9. Surround yourself with upbeat people.
10. Take pride in your work and your achievements.
Yes, your situation is complicated. You can go through life feeling sorry for yourself and your situation or choose to get through with a positive attitude! I guarantee that not only will your mood improve, but so will the person you are caring for.